Friday, March 22, 2013

Why I'm doing Living Legendz!


Many folks ask me on a regular basis why you doing this film Nicky? My answer remains the same each time because it's an honor to document these legends many are not familiar with their contributions. My hopes are to give back to my community by documenting the lives of people who have made a positive influence on African-American culture.  What better gift can we give our sons and daughters than examples of people from their own community who have paved the way.  Some folks say why? Nobody really cares anymore it's not 1970 move on.  True, it might not be 1970's but the same issues still plague us racism, prejudice, injustice and poor education. In order to move forward we must know our past that is what I have always learned.  It think it is truly an honor to highlight the lives of Dr. Leonard Jeffries, Abiodun Oyewole and Jamal Joseph.
Thanks to all of you that are supporting me on this journey as I document our legendz.

Live from Filmstress Row...This is the Filmstress...


No comments:

Post a Comment