Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Finding the hook...


Yesterday my AP and I visited my mentor Jamal Joseph so we could touch base with the project.  It was a great meeting, my mentor challenged me to re-examine my hook. What is going to keep people tuned in to want to watch this documentary about these three men. I thought to myself well of course the music is going to be over the top. Then as I have experienced to keep interviewing asking questions that will lead me to the meat.  My vision was to edit a discussion between them and explore the story of their lives having them come together around this discussion. 

I didn't realize that Jamal was 12 when Malcolm died, I thought he was older.  The conversation was inspiring because Jamal really hit the key points of what my audience will be looking for.  As usual I thought I had it figured out.  I was truly grateful for the brutha's time since I know he had a lot of responsibility viewing films during the spring recess.  So my homework is to revamp my hook and concentrate on how I am going to implement that into the film.

Overall folks we are coming along still raising money on indiegogo and still plugging to get the word out on the film.  Feel free to donate and check in we are working on a great historical film and need your support.


Live from Filmstress Row...This is the Filmstress...

No comments:

Post a Comment