Monday, March 25, 2013

My three wise men!


I have been raising money on the Indiegogo campaign since last week and I am so proud of the folks that have come forward to donate what they had.  Some folks have reached out to do interviews on the film and some folks have sat by silently hating.  I look forward to shooting in May and have folks on board that will be interviewed such as Jessica Care Moore who agreed to be interviewed for the film.  Jessica is a warm hearted Sistah who is originally from Detroit and her comments will be absolutely valuable to show my audience.  How Abiodun has made a positive impact on this woman is outstanding already have some footage of this beautiful Sistah at Abiodun's Tribute at the National Black Theater in 2011.  To find out more about this phenomenal Sistah click here.

Jessica Care Moore
  Ever since my mentor Jamal Joseph challenged me on the hook, I have been racking my mind on what will draw people to come see a historical film about our elders. 
Securing on camera interviews is truly a challenge so many folks have their hand out like I have  a million dollar budget.  Now worries because where there is a will there is a way.  
Still trying to reach out to Bryonn Bain, Saul Williams and some other folks who are doing great things now. 


Donate Today!

Nicholle La Vann & Jessica Care Moore at Def Poetry Jam

Live from Filmstress Row... This is the Filmstress...



No comments:

Post a Comment